Raw Vegan Sweet Potato Chips Recipe:
- Large bowl
- Dehydrator (I have an Excalibur)
- Wash and peel your sweet potatoes.
- Chop them in to VERY THIN slices. The thinner the slices the faster they dehydrate.
- In a large bowl, mix the coconut oil and sea salt (as much as you like). Throw in the sliced potatoes and depending on how small/big your potatoes are, you might need to add more coconut oil/salt. You want each piece to be lightly covered with coconut oil.
- Place all slices on dehydrator sheets. They do not need to be spaced out evenly; they will shrink once they start dehydrating so they can definitely overlap.
- Place in your dehydrator for 14-16 hours on 115 degrees. Sometimes I have to keep mine in for 20 hours or sometimes for 10, it really depends on how much moisture is in the potatoes. Every few hours you can flip them so they dehydrate quicker.
- Once they are nice and crispy, you can add a bit more salt on them for taste, or any other spice. Ta da!
Small reminder: You can’t use this recipe with regular, white potatoes. This is because white potatoes contain starch. To get that starch taste out of them, you’d first have to boil them for 10 minutes. Obviously, this no longer makes them “raw.” But you can definitely follow the same steps (just make sure to boil them beforehand) if you don’t care if they are “raw” or not, I’m sure it would turn out perfectly!