I just love organic and extra virgin coconut oil! Not only for food, though. You can do so many things with it! Just to name a few:
I just LOVE organic and extra virgin coconut oil. Not only for food, though. You can do so many things with it. Here are a ten reasons why coconut oil is a staple for so many people, not just raw vegans (because you can do so many other things besides eat it!):
- Add it into your smoothies! I always add from 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil to any smoothie I make. Not only does it provide me with a boost of cholesterol fighting compounds…but I love the improved texture of my smoothies. Super smooth!
- Use it as a pre or post-workout snack! Coconut oil gives the body a quick energy boost in the form of quick acting MCFA fats. Instead of relying on chemically-based or sugary processed drinks…just add coconut oil and chia seeds to water, and fresh fruit for taste.
- Coconut oil is a great skin moisturizer. Literally just massage into your skin, even on your face. It absorbs super quick and there is zero grease or other residue. Don’t wipe it off! Let it absorb in to your skin.
- Use it as a makeup remover! Seriously, ladies. Take this advice. Use a small dab of coconut oil on a makeup pad and wipe it off with a warm wet cloth. Coconut oil does not sting or irritate your eyes…actually, the opposite happens. Your eyes and the skin around them is moisturized.
- Again, ladies and gentlemen, listen up. You can use coconut oil as a shaving cream! Rub wherever you want to shave and just shave it off. Rinse very well and pat dry. You’re welcome.
- Have some fancy, vintage, wood furniture? Use coconut oil on wood for a shiny updated look. This also helps reduce dusk, covers up any type of scratches or impurities and cleans it of dust.
- Digestive help. Coconut oil is super easy to digest and maintains compounds that destroy bad bacteria, promote growth of probiotics and helps heal a sad, leaky gut. It has so many benefits for your digestive tract. It is antibacterial, anti-fungal and antimicrobial in your digestive tract.
- Use it as a bath oil. One of my favourite things to do is to put a tablespoon of coconut oil in my bath, along with some pure peppermint oil. The oil naturally coats my skin, very subtly, leaving it super smooth when I get out. Also, this process is just so relaxing!
- Dry ends. Now, I often dye my hair. My hair can feel like straw, especially the ends. Rub some oil on your dry, brittle ends to make them feel so soft.
- Are you sunburned? Coconut oil can sooth inflamed skin, reduce redness and rehydrate the skin, especially after a harsh sun burn.
I loveViva Naturals coconut oil. Here is a link to the one I buy on Amazon.com: